Improving your athletic performance or simply just getting fitter takes a little time and patience. But hey…….you don’t have to go for the burn or go through great pain to get the gain! In fact even if you’d just like to lose weight then this exercise set could be the one for you! Just one word, ‘Kettlebells’.
These little babies can be wonderfully versatile even though they are based on physical resistance. Because of their size and design they can actually give you a very effective workout if used properly. You must look upon them as another form of dumbbell and here’s the good news!
THIS EXCERCISE REGIME WILL BURN OFF 300 CALORIES WHEN DONE WITH DISCIPLINE AND A BIT OF EFFORT!
THIS WILL WORK BOTH YOUR UPPER AND LOWER BODY SO BE AWARE OF THAT!
OK so at this point it’s important to remember each exercise must be performed in three successive sets containing 12 to 15 repetitions. Don’t worry too much but the idea is to feel some muscle fatigue at the end of each set. But before you begin be sure you have the mobility to do these exercises, wear sensible clothing and do a few gentle warm up exercises before you begin.
Get used to handling the kettlebells and choose a pair to suit you. Right…………… give yourself plenty of room and if you can’t do full reps first off just build up to the maximum amount slowly. Reps get the blood flowing through the muscle…… then a rest will get the heartbeat back to its normal rate and let the muscles contract…….. then when the action is repeated you are doing things in cycles and in the proper fashion. This is much better than doing 50 or 100 at a time in actual fact!
So Let’s Start With the Upper Body
- Hang your arms toward the floor and take up a standing row position with your back parallel to the floor. Beginning with your left arm go through the reps. Then rest for a few seconds and work the right hand side. Take a breath or two………you should be warmed through now! This will help the chest and arms.
- Make sure both kettlebells are on the floor between your feet, and then bend down gently and pick them both up together then swing both upwards and outwards. This action will give you a full shoulder press. This will work wonders for your shoulders over time.
- Now, lie on your back holding a kettlebell at the side with the upper arm on the floor and extend the forearm toward the ceiling. Begin to press the kettlebell upward – you should be using your chest to do this. Rest and then do the other side. This is a good workout for the chest!
- Get into a seated position with your back straight. Hold one kettlebell behind your hand but underhand. Then perform a tricep extension!
- Get a kettlebell in each hand work a traditional bicep curl. Remember you must lift both kettebells at the same time.
Ok so take a breath as the upper body workout is completed and get ready for the hardest bit!
Now On to the Lower Body
- Now, hold a single kettlebell with both hands at a good chest height and carry out a traditional squat. Try and get as close to the ground as possible but slowly and gently. This will strengthen the quads!
- Hold a kettlebell in each hand. Your arms should be straight at the sides. Now carry out walking lunges alternating your steps from side to side. This will work you glutes and quads a treat!
- Put a kettlebell on the floor between your feet. Then push your buttocks back and grab the kettlebell with one hand. Lift the kettlebell to shoulder height extending through legs and hips. But do this in one clean sweeping movement! The work on the other side and this will strengthen your hamstrings.
- Ok we are nearly there so big effort on the last exercise here!……..hold a kettlebell in each hand at shoulder height close to the chest. Then perform a wide stance squat. This will help your quads.
YOU’VE JUST BURNT OFF 300 CALORIES – COMBINE THIS WITH A HEALTHY DIET AND THIS REGIME WILL BRING GREAT RESULTS!
BUYING A KETTLEBELL KIT WILL SAVE YOU A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY AT THE GYM! YOU CAN WORK OUT AT HOME AND THEN GET ON WITH YOUR DAY!
Check This Out: