Why You Need To Read About Coconut Oil Today
What if you suddenly discovered that the cosmetics you have used all your life are in fact toxic? Would you look for alternatives?
We are always amazed at what people will spend on special creams concocted by French or Swiss laboratories. Sellers of these creams are so rich they occupy the most prestigious real estate on the high street and yet skin problems still plague many of us. It’s time to reexamine what we are buying and why.
Whatever you put on your skin is totally absorbed into the body and into the lymphatic system. That includes the many toxins (including carcinogens) in skin creams. How many of the ingredients in the label on the right do you feel good about having inside you?
The Obvious solution
So what are we to do? If there was a cream we could use on our skin which was also edible it would be ideal because we could be sure it would not cause internal diseases. Fortunately, coconut oil fits the bill. It’s not only edible, but it’s known as one of the wonder foods, renowned for aiding weight loss and limiting the risk of diabetes. What’s more, it’s known as an anti-microbial, making it perfect to control skin conditions which are caused by bacteria or fungi.
It might sound very greasy to have coconut oil on your skin but in fact it’s not. Used in moderation you will not even notice, apart from the fact your skin will feel softer.
Moisturizer, Bug-Killer, Antioxidant, Multi-vitamin!
- Cold pressed virgin Coconut Oil acts as a moisturizer, antibiotic, anti-fungal, multivitamin, multi-nutrient and an anti-oxidant
- A pure virgin coconut oil
How Coconut Oil Cares For Your Skin
A Top Quality Moisturizer
Coconut oil has a high moisture retaining capacity so it acts as an excellent moisturizer for your skin. You’ll also smell wonderful!
An Effective Emollient
- Coconut oil contains mostly fats, so it acts as an emollient providing a softening and soothing effect. Small wounds (caused by acne or pimples) also soften and heal quickly.
- Soothes itchiness and dryness (effective for dermatitis and psoriasis)
An Excellent Skin Nourisher
Coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids which are absorbed into the skin, where they can be directly utilized for nutrition and energy. This provides all the energy your skin needs to heal and maintain itself.
A Proven & Unique Antiseptic & Anti-Microbrial
- Possess proven antibacterial and antifungal properties. Not a single FDA approved drug can claim both!
- Coconut oil limits the amounts of microbes on the skin, cleaning up various conditions like psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and many other skin infections.
A Natural Treatment For Acne.
- Coconut Oil has the ability to cure your acne. It kills the bacteria causing the problem (acne vulgaris): Steam the face, apply a thin layer of coconut oil for 2 minutes and then wipe off. Do not leave on the skin as it can clog the pores and exacerbate the problem.
- It also possesses skin healing properties for wounds like acne and pimples.
A Powerful Antioxidant To Smooth Away Wrinkles.
- To combat devastating free radicals in the skin, our bodies need adequate amounts of antioxidants. Coconut oil contains two antioxidants: ferulic acid and p-coumaric acid.
Makes You Look Younger
- Improves the quality and appearance of skin by eliminating dead skin cells and reducing flaking skin.
The Perfect Massage Oil
- As we know the oil can be absorbed into the body very easily, this means it can be a superb massage oil.
Last But Not The Least – An Effective Natural Deodorant
- The microbe-killing properties eliminate body odor (which is caused by bacterial growth) when applied under the arms. No kidding…it really works!
Be Enthusiastic But Don’t Overdo it
- Try applying a very small amount at first and then wipe it off after a few minutes. Try this initially only twice per week. Stop use in the case of irritation. If all goes well then apply coconut oil to your body (especially on affected areas) and leave it overnight.
- Use UNREFINED PURE VIRGIN COCONUT OIL. Processed oil is both less healthful and also has a higher melting point making it unsuitable for skin use.
- It’s incredibly cheap. A large bottle of coconut oil will last you a whole year for skin use. How does that stack up to your cosmetics bill?
Addendum: Research Studies Prove The Benefits of Using Coconut Oil For Healthy Skin
- The effect of topical application of Virgin Coconut Oil on skin wounds was studied. It was found wounds which were treated with Virgin Coconut Oil healed much faster, and resulted in an increase in the levels of skin-healing chemicals needed to heal the wound.
- Lauric acid present in coconut oil is converted to monolaurin in our body. The effectiveness of monolaurin against microbes which cause skin infections was tested. It was found that Monolaurin has significant sensitivity against a wide range of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria which are responsible for superficial skin infections. Moreover, most of the bacteria did not show resistance to it.
- The antioxidant activity of Virgin Coconut Oil in wound healing was evaluated in another study. It was found that the antioxidant levels and the levels of self-healing compounds of the body increased, which resulted in rapid formation of cells and blood vessels in the wounded area. (refer to MOA section to know how this is beneficial for your skin).
- The effectiveness and safety of virgin coconut oil as a therapeutic moisturizer for mild to moderate xerosis (a skin condition characterized by dry, rough, scaly and itchy skin) was studied. Coconut oil showed effectiveness through significant improvement in skin hydration. Subjective and visual grading showed general improvement in xerosis with coconut oil. Safety was demonstrated by negative patch test results and by the absence of adverse effects during study. It was concluded that Coconut oil was effective and safe as a skin moisturizer.
- The antioxidant capacity in virgin coconut oil is due to phenolic compounds, ferulic acid and p-coumaric acid. Virgin coconut oil had the strongest scavenging effect on free radicals and the highest antioxidant activity.